Friday, June 12, 2009

DNF: Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells

THINGS TO DO:
1) Infiltrate rival vampire cult and assasinate leader
2) Get rid of demon houseguest
3) Ditch the hot mage stalker
4) Betray family
In a world where being of mixed blood is a major liability, Sabina doesn't really fit in. And being an assassin--the only profession fit for an outcast--doesn't help matters. But she's never brought her work home. Until now.
Her latest mission is uncomfortably complex and threatens the fragile peace between the vampire and mage races. As Sabina scrambles to figure out which side she's on, she uncovers a tangled political web, some nasty facts about her family, and some unexpected new talents. Any of these things could be worryingly life changing, but together they could be fatal...

Review:

Okay, I have a confession to make, I didn't read the entire book. I mean, just anticipating from the tidbits held back from various characters, you know that the secrets, and unshared information will only get worse, right?
Sabina Kane has to be filled with the emotions of an empath at a funeral from which the deceased was deeply loved. Such rage, sadness, frustration overall was damn consuming for the times I cried for her fate, literally. (Okay, this may be a bit over the top, but give me a break, I haven't slept all night).
To say that the research done to create this novel was undoubtbly different, would be like saying a work of Picasso is neat. Neat! Damned if I didn't know the backstory on Lilith and Cain! I do now....Jaye Wells is a creator of the arts; no matter how many times you just want to throw the book down because you think you just can't take it anymore.
Sabina only knew about her heritage, her lineage from the tidbits her Grandmother was willing to share. After a month of going after an ambiguous man, her life and fate and destiny are taked in a whole oppistie direction.
If you can't take frustrating or guilt that the protanganist will throw at you, like someone I know--me--then this is not for you. If you can read between the lines and read the whole plot of the book, like someone else I know--me, again--then you'll absolutely love it! Confusing? I know; I, seriously need to sleep or drink some caffine... Whichever, I need to do it before I fall out of this chair... (Why's the computer screen tilted? Crash! Ow...)

LiLi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software