Sunday, June 21, 2009

Forever...by Judy Blume


There's a first for everything.

When you build up something in your mind -- really imagine it, wish for it -- sometimes, when it actually happens, it doesn't live up to your expectations.
True love is nothing like that.
Especially not for Katherine and Michael, who can't get enough of each other. Their relationship is unique: sincere, intense, and fun all at the same time. Although they haven't been together all that long, they know it's serious. A whole world opens up as young passion and sexuality bloom.
But it's senior year of high school, and there are big changes ahead. Michael and Katherine are destined for another big "first": a decision. Is this the love of a lifetime, or the very beginning of a lifetime of love?

Review:

One thing you must know is that this is my second time reading this whole book. Granted they were different editions, but I couldn't really tell the difference--besides the cover, of course.
The dialogue sort of gives you insight that the first edition was written in the seventies. Of course, I didn't actually belive that the first time I read the edition above. Katherine is pratical, but she's also somewhat of a romantic. Guess I should give you a heads-up now, before you read read it. There is some sexual content, very mild language--pretty much explains the seventies, doesn't it? But, hell, what do I know, I was born in the 90s. In fact, that's what makes it more cherishable to me, the book I mean.
Katherine's story is mostly about her experience and love relationship with her boyfriend, Micheal. It lacks, for me, a bit of depth between the characters' devotion for eachother, lacking emotion here and there. It is in first person but by the narration, it knid of makes me feel like it shouldn't be. Mostly because the characters in general play a big part in this one girl's first love experience. And at the first real challenge, first real seperation, where there was other people involved, makes Katherine question the difference between first love and true love? We all have our first love,--whatever and/or whoever it may be--does that mean you'll be together forever...
Recommended to all teens, all ages, because we should all be prepared--good Lord, I sound like my mother.

Grade: B-/C+

LiLi

1 comment:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software