Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Anyway, so I don't distract myself again, I'm doing the giveaway four days earlier with the books that weren't claimed....Which would be "M is for Magic" by Neil Gaiman, "Getting Lost with Boys" by Hailey Abbott and "The Girl Who Could Fly" by Victoria Forester. Oh and so I don't have to post the covers and synopsis's of the books again go here to check them out. So, this is what you have to do in order to get the book you want. Oh, by the way you can enter for each book. If you would like more than one, email me at lilibethramos(at)live(dot)com, and put in the subject line Giveaway
then state which books you would like. The following is for both, who just wants one book and more than one:
At least ONE must be done but not all in order to enter.
1. Comment saying which you would like (if you want more than one just comment that you're going to email me or you already have): 1 entry
2. Already a follower: 2 entries
3. Become a follower: 1entry
4. Comment on at least one of my reviews, the more comments the more entries.
5. Link giveaway to your blog and leave the link to your blog on your comment below: 5 entries.
Good luck to everyone, and spread the word, please, because I have a feeling I'm not going to get many entries. Open to U.S. residents only and ends June 26th.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
You just can't keep a good girl down...unless you use the proper methods.
Piper McCloud can fly. Just like that. Easy as pie.
Sure, she hasn't mastered reverse propulsion and her turns are kind of sloppy, but she's real good at the loop-the-loops.
Problem is, the good folk of Lowland County are afraid of Piper. And her ma's at her wit's end. So it seems only fitting that she leave her parents' farm to attend a top-secret, maximum-security school for kids with exceptional abilities.
School is great at first with a bunch of new friends whose skills range from super-strength to super-genius. (Plus all the homemade apple pie she can eat!) But Piper is special, even among the speical. And there are consequenses.
Consequenses too dire to talk about. Too crazy to consider. And too dangerous to ignore.
At turns exhilarating and terrifying, Victoria Forester's debut novel is an unforgettable story of defiance and courage about an irresponsible heroine who can, who will, who must...fly.
Cordelia Packer hates the unexpected, but she's in for a surprise when Jacob Stein offers to be her travel companion, all the way from San Diego to her sister's place in northern California. Before she knows it, her neatly laid out summer plan has turned into a wild road trip, where anything can--and does--happen. Who knew getting lost with a boy could be so much fun?
With their desire to take a mean girl down a notch bring these three friends what they want...and more?
Stories to Delight, Enchant, and Surprise You.
Master storyteller Neil Gaiman presents a breathtaking collection of tales for younger readers that may chill or amuse, but that always embrace the unexpected:
- Humpty Dumpty's sister hires a private dectective to investigate her brother's death.
- A teenage boy who has trouble talking to girls finds himself at a rather unusual party.
- A boy raised in a graveyard makes a discovery, and confronts the much more troubling world of the living.
So that's all of them; if you want to trade then send me an e-mail to lilibethramos(at)live(dot)com stating which book(s) you want and on the subject line put Trade. If any of the books don't have a claim by the 30th or the 31st then they'll be up for a giveaway soon after.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
(I actually just figured out how to do the whole Hyperlink thing, where I don't have to write out the whole website to actually go there. Do make fun. It took me awhile but I got there. Eventually.)
"This award is given to new blogs and blogging friends.The rules to follow are:
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs (or less, like me) that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award."
My Nominees are:
1] Silvia_pi's YA Books
2] Romance Sap
3] Bookluver-Carol's Reviews
4] Fantastic Book Review
5] Hope's Bookshelf
6] Juiciliciousss Reviews