Saturday, March 21, 2009

Read My Lips by Teri Brown

Synopsis: Serena just wants to fly under the radar at her new school. But Serena is deaf, and she can read lips really well--even across the busy cafeteria. So when the popular girls discover her talent, there's no turning back.
From skater chick to cookie-cutter prep, Serena's identity has done a 180...almost. She still wants to date Miller, the school rebel, and she's not ready to trade her hoodies for pink tees just yet. But she is rising through the ranks in the school's most exclusive clique.

With each new secret she uncovers, Serena feels pressure to find out more. Reading lips has always been her greatest talent, but now Serena just feels like a gigantc snoop....


Review: I couldn't believe how addicting this book was. And to think that the first time I saw it, it wasn't going to be a good read, but that completely changed as soon as I read the very first chapter! I recommend this book to anyone looking for a good, understandingly half-claustrophobic loving read. I say claustrophobic because not having one of your most important senses can make you feel that way, no matter how tough your facial mask may be to break through.

No matter how much gossip she may spread, there may be only one thing she's looking for: she just doesn't know it yet. Though author Teri Brown implicates that Serena just wants to get through her new school "under the radar", she [skillfully] goes above the radar and beyond; without even trying. Not so typical for a skater chick I would think, but hey what do I know, right? Anyways, all I'm saying is that we all have our transformations, sometimes in more ways than one.

1 comment:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software