Monday, March 23, 2009

Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover

Synopsis:
Dear Reader,
Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.
As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and into the world. She taught me to love again.
But I was not born to know love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. AS a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace-- the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?
~Julian of Macedon

Review:
Just because I'm doing my monologue on this book is not the only reason I'm reviewing. It's also because it is extremely funny, and I'm a sucker for one those anytime, day, season, etc. Julian, I guess you would say, is a soldier with a bad, tormenting history; one that I couldn't fathom without there being some sort of moisture coming out of my tear ducts. For two thousand years, Julian has been nothing but a full moon to full moon, pleasure trip for anyone who conjures him from his book.

Grace is a sultry maiden, who has her own, tormenting background. When a friend recommends that she try something different to "satisfy her aching loins", well...what harm could there be...

About halfway through you just about figure out that there's more to this couple than meets the eye; and I'm not just talking about Julian's mother, literally being the Goddess of Love--that just happens to get in the way, but is very well appreciated towards the end. Sure, these two kids fall in love--in the most sexual meaning of the word--but there's the underlying time-limit thats arising. And with everything she has, Grace will fight her way to keep her God by her side.

Grade: A

LiLi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software