Monday, January 9, 2012

Teen Book Scene: Unraveling Isobel This or That List


Introducing author of Unraveling Isobel, Eileen Cook...

Eileen Cook spent most of her teen years wishing she were someone else or somewhere else, which is great training for a writer.

You can read more about Eileen, her books, and the things that strike her as funny at www.eileencook.com. Eileen lives in Vancouver with her husband and two dogs and no longer wishes to be anyone or anywhere else.


Onto the author's This or That...

Rum and coke or Pina colada?

Rum and Coke. Pina Coladas smell like suntan lotion to me, and I try to avoid drinking that.

High Fantasy or Science Fiction?

Science Fiction, but it can depend on the book.

Heart-shaped candy or Gummy worms?

Heart shaped candy- anything cinnamon flavored is a favorite.

Literature or History?

Oooh this one is a tie. I love literature, but I’m a history junkie. I know all sorts of random odd history facts.

Print copies or E-books?

Print copies, but I adore my iPad reader, so e-books may win out in the end.

PC or Laptop?

Laptop. I have a love affair with my MacBook Air. It goes everywhere I go.

Electric or Journal day-planner?

Electronic. (see love affair with iPad and MacBook Air listed above)

Zoo or Amusement park?

Amusement Park. However, I’m not crazy about spinning around upside down. I love animals, but it makes me sad to see them in zoos.

Travel in luxury or Back-packing?

Travel in luxury! Bring on the spa, fancy hotel and good restaurants.

Walmart or Target?

Target hands down. The people watching in Walmart is sometimes more amusing.

Tic-tac-toe or Puzzle?

Can I choose board games? If not, I’m going with Tic-tac-toe.


Isobel’s life is falling apart. Her mom just married some guy she met on the internet only three months before, and is moving them to his sprawling, gothic mansion off the coast of nowhere. Goodbye, best friend. Goodbye, social life. Hello, icky new stepfather, crunchy granola town, and unbelievably good-looking, officially off-limits stepbrother.

But on her first night in her new home, Isobel starts to fear that it isn’t only her life that’s unraveling—her sanity might be giving way too. Because either Isobel is losing her mind, just like her artist father did before her, or she’s seeing ghosts.

Either way, Isobel’s fast on her way to being the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons.


Thanks to Eileen and Teen Book Scene!

LiLi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software